IOSH Leading Safely Courses
IOSH Leading Safely Courses
Yorkshire Leeds | York | Bradford | Harrogate
Health and Safety is an integral part of any business. Having a good Health and Safety system in place in the workplace not only safeguards the wellbeing of your staff, customers/clients and visitors, but it puts your organisation on the right side of the law and protects you from possible prosecution. Investing time and resources into health and safety can also bring about many wider benefits to your business, including boosting productivity, increasing profits and enhancing your brand reputation.
As a business or organisation, you have various options when it comes to implementing and maintaining Health and Safety within the workplace. You can hire a Health and Safety consultants to guide you through the process, you can outsource and bring in a Health and Safety professional into your business either temporarily or long-term, or you can appoint a responsible leader within your organisation to carry it out themselves.
If you’re looking to take the latter option, SMS Europe’s IOSH Leading Safely course can help you achieve just that.
What Is IOSH Leading Safely?
IOSH Leading Safely is a Health and Safety training course designed to give managers and supervisors all they need to know about Health and Safety in as short a time as possible. The course is delivered on behalf of IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health), which is the chartered body and leading membership organisation for Health and Safety professionals.
Who Is IOSH Leading Safely For?
IOSH Leading Safely is aimed at anyone in a senior management or leadership role, including CEOs, managing directors, senior managers, directors and executives. It’s suitable no matter what organisation, industry or sector you’re in.
We understand and appreciate how precious your time as a leader is, which is why the course is carried out in an efficient and time-effective fashion without compromising the quality or impact of the content. We also offer flexibility when it comes to how you take the course: you can choose between 5 hours of face-to-face learning, or a combined approach of 3 hours of face-to-face learning accompanied by a 2-hour online module.
What Does IOSH Leading Safely Cover?
ISOH Leading Safely equips you with everything you need to know about Health and Safety as a responsible leader. It teaches you the value of Health and Safety while giving you the practical knowledge and tools to successfully implement Health and Safety in your business.
The course teaches you:
- To recognise the value of Health and Safety.
- How to integrate a strategic Health and Safety policy into your business management systems and performance.
- To understand your Health and Safety responsibilities.
- The consequences of poor Health and Safety practices.
- How to plan the overall direction of Health and Safety within your business.
- The importance of adequately investing in and resourcing your Health and Safety management system.
- The importance of monitoring and reviewing your Health and Safety performance, and how to make necessary changes/improvements.
The course includes several different modules, exercises and elements, including:
- An initial diagnostic questionnaire about your Health and Safety leadership practices.
- A personalised report based on your responses in the questionnaire, including recommendations on actions to take and improvements to make.
- A case study review, tailored to your needs and industry. The case study examines how things can go wrong before showing you how to put things right, using a follow-up scenario based around putting improvements in place using Plan-Do-Check-Act.
- Completion of the course is based on a personal commitment -- a set of actions to take following what you’ve learned from the course and the recommendations provided to you in your personalised report.
What are the Benefits of IOSH Leading Safely?
There are many good reasons to choose our IOSH Leading Safely training course, including:
- It’s efficient and time-effective. We understand how valuable your time is as a business leader, which is why the course is designed to give you everything you need to know about Health and Safety in just 5 hours.
- It’s flexible. Choose between 5 hours of face-to-face learning or 3 hours of face-to-face learning plus a 2-hour online module, whatever fits your busy schedule.
- It’s designed in collaboration with business leaders to deliver content that adds real, practical value. This isn’t just hypothetical fluff.
- It’s built around relevant case studies chosen to match your needs and sector.
- It improves your skill-set and makes you a more effective leader.
- It helps you to understand good Health and Safety practice around the globe.
- It allows you to benchmark your performance against other businesses.
- It helps you to identify the steps you need to take to achieve your Health and Safety.
- It equips you with the knowledge and tools that can be put into practical use straight away.
How Can IOSH Leading Safely Benefit Your Business or Organisation?
Our IOSH Leading Safely course not only gives you a comprehensive understanding of Health and Safety and helps you to become a better leader, but it can benefit your business in many broader ways. Leading from the front with enhanced Health and Safety practices could be the best investment you make.
When it comes to your business, the course can:
- Reduce accident rates, absence and sick leave.
- Boost productivity.
- Increase profits.
- Improved your brand’s reputation among suppliers, clients and partners.
- Reduce insurance premiums and legal costs.
- Create better business continuity.
Why Choose SMS Europe?
With over 25 years of experience, SMS Europe are one of the longest-established Health and Safety consultants and training providers in the North of England. We’re based between Leeds and York and provide Health and Safety services across Yorkshire and the UK.
With a small but specialised team, we pride ourselves on providing a professional, friendly and first-class service and are registered on the Health and Safety Executives Occupational Safety and Health Consultants Register. We discuss your needs in detail in order to provide a bespoke service that’s tailored to your organisation and sector.
Click here to book an IOSH Working Safely course and see the availability and location of our upcoming courses. If you have any questions or you’d like to know more about our IOSH Working Safely course, get in touch with us on 0845 224 0028 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ask Us A Question...
IOSH Leading Safely Courses
Examples chosen to suit your needs and industry, Support before, during and after you attend the course through our dedicated consultants.
- Initial diagnostic questionnaire on your safety and health leadership behaviours.
- Personalised report based on your responses, including recommendations on actions to take and improvements to make.
- Case study review, tailored to your needs and industry – including a follow-on scenario based around putting improvements in place using Plan-Do-Check-Act HSMS and integration into business systems
- Assessment is completion of a personal commitment – a set of actions to take following the recommendations in your report and other learning.
Delegates will have the knowledge and tools to tackle the health and safety issues they’re responsible for and whilst they will not be ‘Safety Experts’ they will certainly understand why health and safety is such an important part of their job. All resulting in a reduction of accidents, absence and sick leave. Leading to increased productivity and profits, improved reputation, reduced insurance premiums and a better business continuity.
Contact us no using the form below for further information or to book your course!