Construction Health and Safety
Construction Health and Safety Consultants Leeds - CDM2015
Leeds| Bradford | Yorkshire
Our Construction Health and Safety Consultants Consultants feel construction site safety inspections are an essential part of monitoring the construction process and ensuring safe working of contractors. Our team of health and safety consultants can either perform an advisory or policing role (dependant on client need), offer help and support to the contractor, as well as liaising with designers/consultants/enforcement officers as necessary.
Construction site safety inspections enable a client to demonstrate that they are meeting their legal duty in respect of ensuring there are effective management arrangements in place for a construction project including welfare facilities. Our construction site safety consultants will provide on-going monitoring, assessment and support for the practical application of health and safety on a project.
It is crucial to remember that construction site safety inspections should not be regarded as just a policing role, although there are times when this is appropriate. Our clients are encouraged to be seen offering help and support to the on-site contractor.
Our Construction Health and Safety Consultants have in-depth knowledge of Health and Safety issues affecting the range of construction trades from piling and civil engineering to bricklaying and electrical contractors.
Construction Health and Safety Management
Our Construction Health and Safety Management Consultants are able to provide a suite of construction health and safety management information reports that can be used to both monitor and manage health and safety performance. The reports enable the client to focus on individual areas of performance. Safety Management Services are able to produce a number of reports which reflect the Health and Safety standards on site, this is then intended to give the client a clear understanding of the health and safety management performance of their site teams and contractors. This allows clients to manage quickly and clearly the application and improvement of health and safety through all the parties involved in their site activities.
Our Construction Health and Safety Management reports enables the client to demonstrate compliance with their legal duty to check the competence and resources of the contractors they appoint on an ongoing basis.
Construction Health and Safety Consultancy
Our specialist Construction Health and Safety Consultants offer practical solutions and risk control strategies, in this high risk sector. Our advice will help with the implementation of the CDM2015 regulations:
Construction Health and Safety Consultancy services include:
- Production of or assistance with construction health and safety policies
- Production of a client’s health and safety specification and the assistance and/or introduction and implementation of standardised health and safety procedures for construction works across all disciplines
- Attendance at regular progress meetings or health and safety forums
- Enforcement liaison and accident investigation
- Fire risk assessments
Contact SMSE Health and Safety Consultatnts today by calling 01937 836111 for more information on our Construction Health and Safety Consultancy services.
Ask Us A Question...
Construction Health and Safety
CDM 2015 and Principal Contractor Advice
Principal Contractor Health and Safety support
We can assist all levels of builders and construction companies with our Construction Health and Safety Consultancy Service.
This includes the following services:
- Health and Safety Policy
- Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements- Bespoke assistance
- General Risk assessments
- Site inspections and audits
- Site documents
- Tools box talks
- Face fit testing
CDM Adviser Service
If you are about to start a construction project, including alteration, extension or demolition of an existing structure then the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 place a number of specific duties on you.
On both domestic and commercial projects which will last 30 days (with 20 or more people on site at anytime) or 500 person days or more; the client is required to notiffy the project.
On all projects with more that one contractor you must appoint an Principal Designer before significant detailed design work starts so that they can advise and assist on the client’s duties.
A Principal Contractor must also be appointed where there is more that one contractor on the project.
A client is an organisation or individual for whom a construction project is carried out.
Those clients without construction expertise should rely on the Principal Designer’s advice on how best to meet their duties,
The SMSE CDM Advisor Service includes:
- The provision of suitable and sufficient advice and assistance to the client to assist them with their duties, in particular:
(i) the duty to appoint competent designers and contractors; and
(ii) the duty to ensure that adequate arrangements are in place for managing the project;
- Project notification to the HSE
- Identification and collection of the pre-construction information; advice to the client if surveys need to be commissioned to fill significant gaps;
- Prompt provision in a convenient form, of the preconstruction information relevant to each party involved with the design of the structure; and to every contractor (including the principal contractor) who may be or has been appointed by the client;
- The management of the flow of health and safety information between clients, designers and contractors;
- Advice to the client on the suitability of the initial construction phase Health & Safety plan and the arrangements made to ensure that welfare facilities are on site from the start;
- The production of a relevant, user friendly, health and safety file suitable for future use at the end of the construction phase.
The exact role of the CDM Advisor will vary dependent upon the size and complexity of a project however detailed below is an outline guide as to what the CDM Advisor may provide.
The following elements outline our approach to satisfying the minimum requirements of the revised CDM2015 regulations for ‘notifiable’ projects:
- Review designers health and safety risk information
- Complete on site health and safety survey of the proposed works
- Produce the Pre Construction Information for issue to contractors and other members of the project team
- Complete F10 notification to the HSE
- Review the Principal Contractors Construction Phase H&S Plan
- Attend the pre commencement meeting
- Compile the H&S File
If your company needs a dedicated, committed Construction Health and Safety Consultant call SMS Europe on 0845 2240028.